Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Travel Document FAQ

I have a convention refugee travel document. I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am going to Germany for 2 years to obtain my MSc. My entry point is France where I have a orientation week and then I proceed to Germany. Can I apply for my long stay visa once I get to Germany? It was recommended to me that I obtain a residence permit for Germany before leaving as I will be staying more than 90 days.

This is a Canadian website which focuses on people trying to come to or stay in Canada. We do not know what Germany’s immigration laws are. Contact your closest German Consulate or the Embassy in Ottawa for information.

Continue Reading

I am Permanent Resident of Canada who was accepted as convention refugee and received Canadian Refugee Travel Document before. Now my Canadian Refugee Travel Document is expired, Can I get Refugee Travel Document again or will I get Certificate of Identity? Are Permanent Residents of Canada who got their PRs under protected person status category eligible to receive Refugee Travel Document?

Passport Canada decides whether to issue you the Certificate of Identity or the Refugee Travel Document. The application is the same, they issue whichever is applicable.

However, the point is moot currently as the office is closed until the pandemic is better under control.

Continue Reading

if you have a visa made to dubai on your indian passport prior to getting your new Canadian passport ; can you travel to Dubai with the Indian passport even After you get the Canadian citizenship. The reason for soing this is because the visa to Dubai is made using those indian passport details? also can I surrender my Indian passport after travel to Dubai? or in India?The next port of travel from dubai will be to India where in I can use the new Canadian passport; After which I will surrender my Indian passport in India. Please let me know if this will be okay to do so

If you are a citizen of more than one country you can choose which passport to use to enter another country. It’s probably a good idea to use the same citizenship to enter that country in the future.

If you are a citizen of a country which automatically revokes citizenship when you become a citizen of a second country this could be a problem, however. Countries which have this policy have a hard time enforcing it so as long as your passport is still valid you should be okay.

Continue Reading

My wife,my son and I landed at June 2008, we left Canada with PR cards. I reentered only by myself later and stayed in Canada until I got citizenship last year and I came back to reunite with them. We plan to move back to Canada next year. Can my wife and son apply for PRTD? Or they have to forsake the PR status first and reapply again?

They should not apply for PRTDs. They do they will likely lose their status because IRCC will become aware that they do not meet the residence requirement.

However, they may be able to enter Canada by car with their Records of Landing. There is a risk that they could have their status revoked because of their attempt to enter, but if they are able to enter then they can stay until they meet (or exceed) the residence requirement.

If they don’t want to do that, they can renounce their status and you can sponsor them. (Though you can only sponsor your son if he is a dependent.)

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes