Top Menu

Canada Passport FAQ

Canadian citizens are eligible to apply for a Canadian passport. You do not have to be resident in Canada to apply for a new or to renew your Canadian passport. Canadian passports are issued by Passport Canada.

  • Choose the passport application you need: regular or simplified renewal
  • Complete the passport application
  • Gather your required documents and get your photos taken
  • Get your guarantor to endorse your application: If you are a Canadian citizen applying for your first Canadian passport, or your current Canadian passport has been expired for more than 1 year, then you will need to find a guarantor. A guarantor is someone other than yourself who confirms your identity for Passport Canada.
  • Submit your application by mail or in person.
canadian passport rewnweal in panama price?

The passport fees for international applicants are:

  • CAD$190 for a 5-year passport
  • CAD$260 for a 10-year passport
  • CAD$100 for a child’s passport.
If you want to keep your current passport you have to pay a fee of CAD$45, too.

I lost my 16 years old brother passport receipt for the passport pick-up do I have an option?

He’ll have to go pick it up in person.

Me and my boyfriend have been living together for 3 years now. and we had to file our taxes as common law though. we are trying to get passports for our trip. his passport is new and mine is a renewal. we are not registering as common law or have plans to. the only thing that is in both of our names is our apartment. nothing else. do we put single down or common law for martial status even though we do not have a certificate or plan to get one?

You can put “single” if you like.

When I take my pictures and application to the passport office do I get my passport right away?

No, not unless you pay for same day processing. But usually you get it much faster than when you submit the application by mail.

The normal processing time for mailed applications is 20 business days, while it’s 10 business days for normal walk-in applications. However, in our experience renewal applications are regularly processed well before the 10 business day requirement.

You can pay for next day or same day service as well. (There is no “while you wait” service available.)

I was born in Canada, a First Nation Indian, I have lived in the US all my life. I have used my secure native card to cross the border all my life.I need a passport to take a cruise with my wife.Can I travel to Ontario and apply for a passport,and have it delivered to the States

That’s a good question.

When you apply from the States it’s by mail and the passport is mailed to you.

When you apply in person in Canada the passport is mailed to you but I have no idea if they accept a foreign address. You could try. Or you could contact them first.

Can i get and apply a passport in Canada when I come to Canada for vacation if the one that i have expire and am currently living out of the country?

Yes you can. If you’re only here for a short time you will have to apply for urgent processing, which costs more.

Can i get and apply a passport in Canada when I come to Canada for vacation if the one that i have expire and am currently living out of the country?

If you do not have a valid passport you cannot travel internationally.

So you have to renew the passport wherever you are.

I am currently living abroad. Can I return to Toronto to apply for my passport since I will be back for the summer vacation and processing time is much quicker even though I do not have the current address in Toronto?

Yes, as long as your passport is still valid you can travel back to Canada to renew it.

Hi does my British born child travelling with his Canadian national mother require a Canadian passport to access the Canadian borders?

Yes, it’s easier to enter Canada with a Canadian passport.

First, you need to get your child a citizenship certificate.

And once you have that, you can get him his passport.

If that is taking too long, you can apply for an eTA for him with his British passport. But if they find out he’s a Canadian citizen this eTA application will be denied.

Can a person with a mental disability that can’t sign their own name get a canadian passport

Yes you can. You can get a family member over the age of 18 to complete the form for you. In non-pandemic times, you should go in person with the family member to a Passport Canada office if you can.

We’re going to Niagara Falls this spring. Does my 17 year old daughter need a passport or just her birth certificate and driver’s license? If she does need a passport, how long will it take and how much does it cost?

I guess you’re not going now, right? (This response was written during the 2020 pandemic.)

In normal times, when the border is open, she needs a passport. There are multiple options to speed up the process, but they cost more the faster you want it. The important this is that all urgent passport applications must be applied forĀ in person at a Passport Canada office. If she cannot do that, she will have to apply the normal way (by mail) which takes 20 calendar days, not including mailing time.

WHERE IS THE gurantor SECTION on a short form PPTC O54 to renew canadian passport

If you are eligible to renew your passport using the renewal form you do not need to provide a guarantor, just references. They are not the same thing.

Renewal form asks for occupation in the last 2 years, do they mean the last 2 calendar years ex. January 2015- December 2017 or do they mean the last 2 years from the date of the current application (may17th) i.e May 17th 2015- May 17th 2017?

The date you are completing the application.

I need to apply passport and I lots my citizenship card how I apply my passport

You need to apply for a citizenship certificate.

In normal times, you could use your need of a passport to apply for an urgent citizenship certificate. However, that will not work right now (2020 pandemic) because, to the best of our knowledge. Passport Canada is not currently processing passport applications unless you have a valid reasonf or emergency travel.

Will my passport number be the same on my renewed passport as it is on my current passport ?

No. It never is.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes