Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Replacement Citizenship Card FAQ

I have a citizenship card. The name on the back is exactly the same name on the immigration paper. The name on the front has added my English name. When I went to Ontario service center to change my name on my driving license. The officer said I have to change my name on the citizenship card. I don’t understand is that my passport, health card have my English name. What should I do?

It depends which name you want to change. If you want your English name on your citizenship card, you will have to apply for a new citizenship certificate (the cards have been retired).

If you want to change your names to your original, you will have to use your landing paper and your citizenship card to have them changed.

Continue Reading

My father is a Canadian citizen. I am an American adult. What documents do I need to apply for a Canadian citizenship

Provided your father became Canadian by birth or by naturalization (ceremony), you do not need to apply for citizenship, as you are a Canadian citizen.

What you need to apply for is a Canadian citizenship certificate. In order to do that, you will need your father’s birth certificate (or Canadian citizenship certificate or card) and your American birth certificate showing that he is your father. You will also have to provide a photo ID (your driver’s license is sufficient, or your passport) and some photos.

Submit the application by courier (so you can track it) to:

Case Processing Centre, Sydney
Proof of citizenship
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes