Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Canadian Death Certificate FAQ

Need to find out how to obtain death certificate of my estranged wife? All I know she died about 4-5 years ago and I have Funeral Home that performed services. I do not have specific dates. I am in United States and getting Married but need this document to do so. If I need to go to Canada to obtain this is there some form I can fill out and sign so that someone can go on my behalf as I am unable do to work reasons.

You can apply for your wife’s death certificate from her province of death’s Vital Statistics Office or Office of the Registrar General. Many provinces now offer online applications for your convenience.

Continue Reading

I have had my 15 year old daughter in my custody since she was born her father was never in her life and he died 4 years ago I was told I need a death certificate but don’t know how to get in contact with the family haven’t seen or talked to them in 15 years and I can’t get a copy of the certificate as I wasn’t his spouse when he died and my daughter can’t get a copy until she’s 18 so what am I supposed to do?

If you live in Ontario, for example, there are no restrictions on who can apply for a death certificate:

So you can apply for your daughter’s father’s death certificate and then use that to apply for whatever it is your daughter needs.

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes