Top Menu

Travel Document FAQ

Support help line: 1-866-760-2623

A Refugee Travel Document allows refugees in Canada to travel outside of canada without a passport from their home country.

A PR travel document (PRTD also known as Form IMM 5529) allows Canadian permanent residents who are not in the country to prove their immigration status on their return to Canada.

More information is available from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (CIC).

My PR Card expired whilst I was out of Canada. How can I prove my status on my return?

You need to apply for a travel document from any Canadian visa office abroad. This will enable you to enter Canada and then you can apply for a new PR card.

Where can I apply for a Travel Document?

You can get a travel document from any Canadian visa office abroad. The visa office website for the country you are in will direct and inform you on how to obtain your travel document and what documents to submit with your application.

Who can apply for a travel document?

Anyone who is a permanent resident and is not currently in Canada can apply for a travel document. Additionally you must not be subject to a deportation order and you must be able to prove your permanent residence status.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes