Top Menu

My wife has been given her permanent resident visa in Mexico (her home country) which is being stamped into her passport, and she’s now clear to come to Canada by May 2nd, 2016. She has a 10 year US Visa, and I’m wondering if she is allowed to drive across the US border and then into Canada with the passport, or must she fly? She has a car and I was wondering if it would be wise for us to keep the car and use it here in Canada.

Whether or not the US authorities decide to let her enter the US in order to travel to Canada will be up to the border guard at the US-Mexico border. It sounds like she would be allowed in, but she should come prepared – she needs to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she is going to move to Canada, and has no intentions of staying in the US.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes