Top Menu

I am a US citizen. I married a Canadian in 2008 and became a permanent resident in 2009. We have since than separated. I now live back in the US since 2014. We have been separated for 2 years. My card has expired but want to continue to visit in Canada. What do I need to do to be able to continue to come into Canada?

If you only ever drive to Canada, you should be fine to cross without a valid PR Card.

As an American, you are also exempt from the new eTA, so you shouldn’t have trouble flying into Canada, though it’s conceivable something could come up.

If CBSA finds out you have PR status but not a valid card, they might investigate your status and you could lose it. But if you are only planning on periodically visiting Canada, that shouldn’t be a major concern.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes