Top Menu

While I am studying in Toronto as an international student, I receive a permanent resident visa (my family have PR visas according to the Quebec Investor program and my mother is the principal applicant), someone tells me that I can validate the Confirmation of Permanent Residence by exiting the Canada-USA border and re-enter. Can I do so if I do not have a US visa? is it an illegal act to enter USA without US visa? The second question: can I use an address in Toronto (not in Quebec) to receive my Pr card?

You can indeed travel to the US and re-enter Canada. It’s called flagpoling. Whether or not you need a visa to enter the US depends upon your nationality but you will be denied entry procedurally anyway, if you flagpole.

You should probably have the PR Card sent to your mom’s house and pick it up, just to be safe.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes