Top Menu

I have recently gained my minimum stay required in Canada to be able to renew my PR card. however I have been out of the country some time more than what I was allowed too but due to business travel for a Canadian company. I introduced my request for a new PR 12 weeks ago and have long passed the estimated processing time. I was told my case was redirected to a local office and for that there is no processing time frame. My current card expires mid January 2017 and I need to travel abroad for the Christmas holidays (2 weeks). Will I be allowed back into Canada?

If you return to Canada before your current PR Card expires, you should be fine.

If you are returning to Canada after your card expires and you have not yet received your new PR Card, you’ll have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD). You’ll need to bring all the documentation you can showing that you have been travelling abroad for a Canadian company in order to safely apply for that PRTD. Even then, it’s a risk. Return before your PR Card expires if you can.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes