Top Menu

I am on a pr status here in Canada, i will take my vacation on February to marry my boyfriend in the Philippines. Do i have to get and where to get a document stating that i have not been married here in Canada? Once i get the document, how long does the document be valid?

What you need to prove that you have not married in Canada is a Statement in Lieu of a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad. Yes, it’s a mouthful. It’s a statement attesting that you are single. You can get this statement either from the Department of Global Affairs in Ottawa, or the Canadian Diplomatic Mission in the Philippines responsible for your region.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes