Top Menu

I am PR holder in Canada and got married in home country in Civil Court, not church and have applied for spouse sponsorship, will this marriage be recognised by Immigration?

A marriage in civil court will be recognized in Canada, though you will need to provide a translation of the marriage certificate if it is not in English or French.

A religious marriage is the type of marriage that may not be recognized if religious marriages are not legal without civil marriages in a particular country.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes