Top Menu

My PR card has expired and I have applied for a renewal, but I have an emergency that requires for me to travel outside of Canada before I get my new PR card. I read online that I need to apply for a PRTD once I get to my destination but I am only going to be out of the country for 1 week and the PRTD takes about 3 weeks to process. What do I do?

If you are eligible for urgent processing, you can ask for your card to be processed urgently.

As of 2016, there are only a few reasons that are acceptable for urgent processing of a PR Card:

  • Family emergency
  • Business travel
  • Job opportunity.

You can learn more about what is acceptable and how to prove it here.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes