Top Menu

I am on a post graduate work permit in Canada. I am planning to get married soon. We are thinking of getting married in Canada, in order to that, if my fiance got the visitor visa to come to canada, can we get married here in Canada. I have applied for my PR application also, will it affect my PR application. Q2) If we get married in Canada, can i directly then apply for her work permit based on my post grad work permit.

  1. Yes, if your fiancé can get to Canada you can marry in Canada. Marriage will not affect your PR application negatively but, if it is still in process when you marry, you should inform IRCC of your marriage.
  2. You should sponsor your spouse once you are a Permanent Resident.
Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes