Top Menu

i am from the Philippines. My boyfriend is from Canada. I would like to visit him and maybe we can get married and we are planning for inland sponsorship. What should be the requirements that I should bring? And should we put it in the invitation letter?

You need to look at the application guide and make sure you have everything you need to support the application with you when you travel (or sent digitally to him, which is probably easier).

The visa application is tough: you will have to demonstrate both to the visa officer and the CBSA officer at the port of entry that you have the “dual intent” to comply with the conditions of your visa and your entry into Canada, while getting sponsored. (I.e. if your sponsorship application is denied, you will leave Canada.) This is hard to do.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes