Top Menu

I am a permanent resident of Canada (Quebec). My girlfriend is American and lives in the US. Can she come to Canada as a tourist and get married to me and then stay in Canada, considering that I will sponsor her for her permanent residency following the marriage?

Yes, your girlfriend can come to Canada as a tourist and marry you. You will then submit an “inland” sponsorship application.

However, your girlfriend may encounter issues entering Canada with her intention to stay. She will have to demonstrate to the CBSA officer that she will return to the US if the application is rejected.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes