Top Menu

my partner is Japanese and has a PR card, we are planning on getting married in July of 2017 and will be going to Scotland shortly after. How does the name change from marriage affect our travel plans as there wont be enough time to have new documents done?

Name changes are not automatic. Your partner has to apply to change her name on various documents in order to make the change official. She can travel back to Canada on her old documents, no one will be the wiser. Once you’ve returned to Canada, then she can make the changes.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes