You will have to submit the documentation required by the Office of the Registrar general including
- a photocopy of your Canadian citizenship certificate or card
- a photocopy of your birth certificate
- photocopies of any previous name change certificates (if applicable)
- court-certified copies of court orders (if applicable).
Any document that is not in English or French will have to be translated and supported by an affidavit from a professional translator.
Since you don’t have your birth certificate, you have two options:
- Apply for your birth certificate from your home country before you apply for this name change.
- Submit a written explanation along with your name change application as to why you are not able to provide a birth certificate.