Top Menu

I have no birth certificate from the country I was born in. Now I am a Canadian transgender wanting to legally change my name in Ontario. I do have a national ID from the country I was born in, Will that work

You will have to submit the documentation required by the Office of the Registrar general including

  • a photocopy of your Canadian citizenship certificate or card
  • a photocopy of your birth certificate
  • photocopies of any previous name change certificates (if applicable)
  • court-certified copies of court orders (if applicable).

Any document that is not in English or French will have to be translated and supported by an affidavit from a professional translator.

Since you don’t have your birth certificate, you have two options:

  1. Apply for your birth certificate from your home country before you apply for this name change.
  2. Submit a written explanation along with your name change application as to why you are not able to provide a birth certificate.
Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes