Top Menu

My sister is a Canadian citizen. She married a Jamaican citizen. What are the necessary steps for him to come to Canada to live?

Your sister needs to sponsor her husband for permanent residence. If he is currently in Jamaica, this is known as “outland” or “overseas” sponsorship. They will have to jointly complete the application and prove their relationship is genuine to the Canadian authorities. Currently the processing time is about 25 months – two months to review your sister’s eligibility as a sponsor, and 23 months to evaluate the sponsorship application. Learn more here.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes