Top Menu

My passport will be expire on 29 March 2012, when do I need to renew my passport? I will be going to China on September 12 and will return to Canada on October 17 and I will be going to China again on November 29 for 4 weeks. I will be in Canada on December 26 2011. Is it my existing passport still valid for both trips? Where shall I go to get the application form for renewal my passport? And where shall I go to submit my application? I live in Vancouver (Postal Code: V5W 1K3), where is the closest passport office from my house? Alternatively, will there be any other goverment agents handling the passport renewal? Many thanks!

A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit China. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected departure from the country. Canadians must also be in possession of a visa. Your trip for October would be ok; however you would need to re-new in time for your trip in November.

To make things easier you could apply (if eligible) using the Simplified Renewal Passport Application (PPTC 054).With this application you must provide your most recent passport (must be still valid or expired for less than one year), the required fee and two recent photos.

With the Simplified renewal application you are not required to submit proof of Canadian citizenship, supplementary identification or obtain the signature of a guarantor.

You would be able to submit your application by post or in person at a Passport Canada office.

The average processing time is 10-20 business days. You can request an urgent pick-up (24 hours), you may be required to provide proof of travel (for example; plane or bus ticket). Passport Canada will take appropriate action on a case-by-case basis. For this service you must apply in person at a Passport Canada office

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes