Top Menu

My boyfriend is Peruvian and in the process of getting his Spanish nationality. I am a Canadian citizen and we have lived together in Spain for a few years now. I want to bring him to Canada, I would like for him to be able to work here while I finish my studies. Is it better to get married and sponsor him? or sponsor him as a common law partner? Also, as I am a student with student loans, how do I prove that I can support him financially under the sponsorship program?

It is better to get married to sponsor your boyfriend. Common law has a greater onus of proof than a marriage.

You can sponsor your boyfriend even though you are a student and have student loans.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes