Top Menu

My boyfriend is from Colombia, and is currently enrolled in school here in Canada. His school visa/permit will expire in march of 2018, so he has not applied for a work permit yet. We intend on getting married, is it helpful to us to get married before his permit? He will be in Canada for 2 1/2 years by march of next year, so could he apply for permanent residency? If he doesn’t get approved for the work permit, will he have to go back to Colombia even if we get married?

You need to get married before you sponsor him for permanent residence and this needs to happen before his work permit expires.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes