Top Menu

My boyfriend is Canadian and we’ve been together for 3 years but on a long distance relationship because he lived in Dubai and I lived in Qatar. Recently he moved to Los Angeles to do his masters and I was wondering if we get married here in the U.S. Would I be able to live with him legally under his sponsorship ? And would I be able to work while I am in the states and if so should we go and get married in Canada or we can do it here and after we get married, can we live in the states while processing our papers?

Your Canadian boyfriend cannot sponsor your to live in the US unless he is also an American citizen.

He can sponsor you for permanent residence in Canada, but you will both have to show that you intend to move to Canada before or at the the time you receive your permanent residence.

Any questions you have about US immigration you should post on a US immigration forum.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes