Top Menu

My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen and am an illegal immigrant as of 2 months ago. We’ve been together for 7 years (long distance in which he visited me at my home country), if we get married soon which we want to do; what’s the process for me to file for PR and how long will it take me to get approved? Are there any red flags here? I been here for a year and had extended my stay for an additional 6 months to remain legal.

You need to have legal status wherever you are when the application is submitted. So you need to leave Canada now.

Then, he can submit the sponsorship application OR you can try to re-enter Canada legally and then you can submit the sponsorship application.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes