Top Menu

my maiden name is on PR WHICH IS GOING TO EXPIRE IN oct.2017..I stayed in Ontario for 18 months .then married in USA …my passport name changed after marriage…I want to travel to Toronto by road….can i go……PR IN MAIDEN NAME BUT PASSPORT DIFFERENT NAME AFTER MARRIAGE

There is a chance that if you attempt to enter Canada you will lose your permanent residence status, as you are not currently meeting the residency obligation. However, if you enter right now, you can meet it (provided you stay) so they may let you in. That should be a bigger concern than the names not matching up. Just bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes