Top Menu

Am a Jamaican married to a Trinidadian. Could we apply for residency/citizenship in Canada?

The answer to your question depends upon your status in Canada. If one of you is a permanent resident, then the other can be sponsored for permanent residence. If neither of you are permanent residents, but one or both of you are temporary residents, you may be able to apply for permanent residence, depending on what your temporary resident status is and why you have it. But this situation is complicated and we’d need more details to answer your question.

Citizens of Commonwealth Countries do not have any easier path to Canadian permanent residency and citizenship than anyone else.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes