Top Menu

I’ve got the confirmation of permanent residence and I’m from a visa exempt country (Switzerland). Do I have to apply for a permanent resident travel document anyway? My flight is departing December 29th and it seems too short to me to send my original passport to France in order to get the PRTD.

A Permanent Resident Travel Document is for Canadian permanent residents who do not have a valid PR Card while outside of Canada. If this is your situation your only two options are:

  1. Apply for the PRTD and wait for it.
  2. Change your flight to a flight to the United States, and travel back to Canada by car.

If you just received your Confirmation of Permanent Residence because you are becoming a permanent resident, you do not need a PRTD to travel to Canada.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes