Top Menu

Im planning to go on vacation next month but i just realized that the spelling/format of my first name on my passport is different from my permanent resident card. My first name on my passport spelled like Ma. but on my permanent resident card it spelled Maria, in our country we usually spell Ma. short or abbreviation for Maria. If i go out of the country is it okay to use my passport and my permanent card with different format/spelling? What is the best way to do so that i dont get any issue about this if i go out the country?

If your passport is the same passport that you landed in Canada on, then there is likely no issue. However, if your name has been changed on a new passport, it could present an issue. You should bring supplementary IDs with you to show that you are indeed the same person. Changing your name on either your passport or your PR Card will take quite some time.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes