Top Menu

I’m a naturalized Canadian citizen who is married to a non-Canadian and I’m currently living in Dubai, UAE. My wife is 5 months pregnant and we plan to deliver the baby in Dubai but i want to ensure my child is able to get the Canadian passport. I’ve lost my Canadian citizenship card/certificate and applied for a replacement however i am unsure how long it will take. Is there any way to speed up the process to ensure my newborn gets the Canadian passport upon birth?

No, you will need to prove your Canadian citizenship in order to apply for your son’s passport. Unless you are intending on travelling soon after your son’s birth, I do not believe that there is any way to expedite your citizenship certificate application so that your son can get his passport.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes