Top Menu

I’m a Canadian who recently went through a name change in 2016. I have to travel to the U.K. to see family, but my name on my citizenship card isn’t changed yet (that takes another 2 months). So passport Canada gave me a temporary passport with my new name that is valid for two years and said I could trade it in for a regular passport once my name on my citizenship card is fixed. I know some countries don’t accept temporary passports, so does the U.K. accept Canadian temporary passports?

The UK should accept your temporary passport but, to be safe, you should contact the High Commission in Ottawa to make sure your temporary passport will be recognized.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes