Top Menu

I’m a Canadian citizen and want to marry my BF who is illegally staying in England. Will I be able to sponsor him to Canada after we get married in England? What are we our options? He is Indian.

You can marry in England, however the application will likely be processed in the Canadian visa office in India, as your boyfriend has an Indian passport.

This may or may not be an issue. Sometimes the sponsored spouse is required to attend an interview at the visa office (in this case, in Delhi). Also, if the application is approved, he may be required to pick up his Confirmation of Permanent Residence in person, again in Delhi.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes