Top Menu

I’m a Canadian citizen living in the United States my partner what’s a Canadian permanent resident but a US citizen now living with me in California as he never fulfilled the residency requirements can he still apply for Canadian citizenship

Provided he has been living with you, and can prove it, he can maintain his PR status. However, you will need to move back to Canada for him to qualify for citizenship, unless one or both of you work for the Canadian government in some capacity that requires you to live in the United States.

Living with a Canadian citizen abroad is enough to maintain permanent residence status but not enough to apply for citizenship.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes