Top Menu

I’m applying for a Canadian passport for the first time. I am a Canadian born citizen and am married. I have my birth certificate, Do I need the long form or short form of my marriage certificate to apply for a passport in my married name?

The marriage certificate you need to provide must show your new name that will be used on your passport. If this is on your short marriage certificate, then you can use that. You can learn more about changing your name on your passport here.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes