Top Menu

I’m an italian citizen having a relationship with a Canadian man. We are living together in Ontario since January 2016. I’m here with a post graduate work permit of 11 months (it will expired in November 2017). If my boyfriend sponsoring me as a common-law now, do I have to leave Canada in November, when my work permit expires? If I am authorized to stay here until my PR is processed, I am able to travel outside of Canada and come back? We would like to visit my family in Italy for Christmas!

If you have lived together for 12 months and you submit the sponsorship application before your work permit expires, you can stay in Canada during the process. Travelling outside of Canada with your partner is fine, but you should definitely travel together.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes