Let us try to answer your questions:
- Your suspension letter from your school should be useful if it indicates the date you will resume your studies. If it does not indicate this, you will need something else.
- It is true visitor visas are rarely granted to students. You’ll need more proofs of ties to your home country than just a letter saying you’re in school (lease/deed etc).
- Yes, it is fine that they pledge to pay for your trip. It’s normal.
- You need to include all legal names used so they can check up on you.
- It’s unlikely your name change will hinder your chances if you can show you and the other name are the same person. Always err on the side of disclosing too much rather than too little.