Top Menu

I’m a Filipino holding a working permit through the live in caregiver program. My fiancé who is a Canadian citizen and i are planning to get married soon. I’m still on a closed open permit and i don’t want him to sponsor me. I want to do it by myself tru the program. Is there any conflict in my application if time that i need to file my open permit/PR application? And do i need to update my marital status right after the marriage or wait till i will submit the open permit/PR application.

I’m not sure what you’re asking. You can be married to a Canadian citizen without him sponsoring you. If you choose to get PR through the live-in caregiver program, you just need to meet those requirements. Marrying a Canadian will not harm this application at all.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes