Top Menu

I have recently married and am changing my name. I would like to apply for a new canadian passport with my married name however, my proof of canadian citizenship (card) is still in my former name; is the citizenship card still a valid proof of citizenship?

To obtain a passport in your married surname, you must complete an application PPTC 153 and write the name you want to appear in the passport. If this name is different from the name on your documentary evidence of citizenship, you need to provide acceptable supporting identification in your married name (Marriage Certificate).

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes