Top Menu

I have a Canadian issued passport that expired in 2004. I live in the US (for 11 years). I have married a US citizen and have changed my name to my married name. What documents do I need to send in to renew my passport? Where do I send them? How long does it take?

Please refer to Passport Canada’s website Passport Canada for more details concerning the change of name on your Canadian documents. From the home page, click on the ‘step by Step Guide for Canadians?, on the left side drop down menu. From there, click on ?Personal Information? to read about name changes.

Please note you must apply for a new passport and pay the applicable fees and provide acceptable supporting identification in your married name. You may be requested to submit your marriage certificate in support of your request to have a passport issued in your married surname.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes