Top Menu

I have a 15 month old son. he was born in Canada and I want to get him his passport. His father is American and is on the birth certificate however has NEVER been involved in his care or life. Am I able to get him a passport on my own as his Canadian mother?

You need to have sole custody in order to apply for a passport for your son. If you don’t have sole custody you will first have to apply for sole custody, which may be granted to you if your husband has been absent for a given length of time.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes