Top Menu

I am living in the Edgewood, Maryland near Washington DC. I am a Canadian citizen who have married a US citizen. I have moved to the USA and have obtain a United States of America Visa. My Canadian passport is about to expire on August 21, 2011. I have also changed my last name. Do I have to come to Canada to have my passport renewed? What is the turn around time to receive my renewed passport? What is the cost? Can I apply after the expiration date in Canada?

To apply for a passport, visit visit Passport Canada’s website and fill out an interactive application form. You may also print out the form and fill it out by hand. Application forms may also be obtained in person at any Government of Canada office in the United States.

Applicants who have changed their name cannot have a passport issued in their new name through the Simplified Passport Renewal Process. You must apply for a new passport (Adult General Passport Application PPTC 153)

You must submit an application form, completed in full, proof of Canadian Citizenship,supporting identification in your married name/ legal name, 2x photos (one of which is signed by the guarantor), required fees.

The application must be sent to the Gatineau office in Canada. For further instructions on submitting and the fees please visit Passport Canada:

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes