Top Menu

I am in the process of renewing my PR card. My husband, a Canadian citizen, and I live in the U.S. now. I have fulfilled all of my residency requirements. I received an email today from Immigration asking for our Canadian address. We never claimed to still live in Canada and have used our current U.S. address on all documentation. Is a Canadian address a requirement to receive a renewed PR card?

PR Cards are normally mailed to addresses in Canada. Since you are allowed to remain outside of Canada because you are married to a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, you may be allowed to request the PR Card be mailed to you. However, it’s possible IRCC will not waive the requirement and you may need to have it sent to an address you have in Canada (or a relative’s address).

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes