Top Menu

I am from Vietnam and got married to my husband in Canada last year. I am now pregnant but he wants to divorce me. What are my rights and my babies rights in Canada? Do we have to go back to Vietnam?

If your status is temporary (visitor, work permit, study permit), your status has a fixed date and you must leave before it expires.

If your status is permanent (i.e. you have PR), divorce will have no affect on your status.

If your child is born in Canada, the child will be a Canadian citizen.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes