Top Menu

I am from Greece and i came to Canada with my Canadian wife and applied for Permanent Residency with my wife as sponsor.I have also applied for Open Work Permit.I have contacted the IRCC call center and they told me that the work permit application might take up to four months to be processed.Can i leave Canada and go to Europe to work and then re-enter after my work permit is ready?

If you have a valid multiple entry visitor visa you can indeed travel abroad while waiting for your sponsorship application. However, do note that if you travel without your wife, you could have trouble re-entering the country as border guards don’t always admit people they know are waiting approval on sponsorship applications.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes