Top Menu

I am born outside Canada, residing in Quebec now, I would like to apply for a new passport as I changed my legal name, does a Quebec birth certificate with my new name considered a proof of citizenship? can I use the citizenship certificate with my previous name as a proof of citizenship? Thank you

You will not be able to obtain a Quebec birth certificate because you were not born in Quebec. You need your citizenship certificate plus your name change to prove your Canadian citizenship and you need a government-issued photo ID to prove your identity.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes