Top Menu

I am a US cotizen born in Canada. I had a passport that expired about 5 years ago. I would like to renew my passport and regain dual cotizenship. Is this possible? Is this a simple renewal? Also I understand my adult children are eligible to be recognized as Canadian/dual citizens. Do they just follow a normal application process? Finally, my husband is an American born US citizen, but lived in Canada for about 10 years. Does he have any eligibility to apply for dual citizenship?

It is not a simplified renewal process; you have to use the general application.

Your children must apply for citizenship certificates before they can apply for passports.

Your husband cannot apply for citizenship if he doesn’t reside in Canada.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes