Top Menu

I am a permanent resident of Canada with a valid PR Card. I have been resident in Canada since 2011. I plan to travel to the UK for a 3 week course between June 2016 – July 2016. My PR card expires December 2016. Would I still be able to return to Canada? Also, what documents do you require as a permanent resident to travel out of Canada to another country (By commercial plane).

Yes, absolutely you can travel with the current PR Card. You need to have 6 months validity on your passport to enter most other countries, not on your PR Card. Most countries do not care about your PR Card.

You just need your passport to travel to other countries (and whatever additional things that country might require given your nationality: visa, proof of funds, itinerary, etc.). The PR Card is to travel back to and get back into Canada, only.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes