Top Menu

I am a Candian citizen living in Washington State. I lost my passport and need to replace it. I have the Statutory declaration form but when I went to my bank to have them notarize the declaration of official. They said it had to be done at the consultate. The local consultate doesn’t answer phones. Who can fill out that part? I need to get this processed as quickly as I can.

You would need to get the ‘statutory Declaration? signed by a qualified official who has the authority to administer an oath or solemn declaration, for example; a commissioner for oaths, notary public or lawyer. As you are in the US, a qualified official includes a Canadian or British diplomatic or consular representative, or a qualified local official.

For Canadians residing in the US (whether temporarily or permanently), the only ways to renew or apply for a new passport are to either mail the application to Canada, or to travel to Canada in order to apply in person. However, if you apply by mail, please be advised it may take up to 6 weeks to get a new passport, provided everything is right with the application.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes