Top Menu

I am a Canadian citizen living in New Zealand. My wife lives with me in NZ but she is an Indian citizen. She is pregnant and we are thinking about traveling to Canada. I can not find any insurance company that will cover her, but will British Columbia government cover her since pregnancy-related expenses since she is married to me and I am a Canada born, Canadian citizen? In addition, she would be coming on a tourist visa without intent to stay in Canada until at least two more years.

She has to live in BC for at least three months as a permanent resident in order to qualify for provincial health insurance.

You need to sponsor her for permanent residence, which is a complicated procedure you can learn about more by reading other Q and As on this page.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes