Top Menu

My husband and I just got married. He is a permanent resident of Canada and would like to sponsor me as his spouse to live in Canada. We are currently residing outside of the Country. Can I keep my maiden name on my passport or is it necessary for me to change it to my married name before we apply for spousal sponsorship?

If you change it to your married name, it would be one more piece of evidence that you are married,.

Your husband cannot sponsor you from outside of Canada.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes