Top Menu

Hi there can someone who already has a passport and just got a criminal record.Can they still renew their passport when time comes?

The Canadian government can refuse to issue a passport to a person who has been charged with a serious criminal offense (for example; kidnapping), a past or pending DUI charge will not ordinarily result in the denial of a passport, however if you are on probation or are charged with an offence and are awaiting trial, you should wait until after the probation has ended or the trial is over to apply for your passport.

Please visit Passport Canada for more information on the process.

Please note depending on your criminal record, you may be denied entry into the required country you are visiting. When the time comes to travel please consult the nearest diplomatic mission of the country you intend to visit.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes