Top Menu

I got my Canadian PR and made my first port of entry on May 22 2016. I stayed for 2-3 weeks and went to US for my studies. How may days do I have to stay in Canada to keep my PR status as I will be in US for 2 years for my studies. When I finish my studies I want to return to Canada with my wife, will my wife have to follow the same application procedure for a PR or will she get it sooner based on mine. Can you please help me with the procedure.

You must spend at least 730 days in Canada between May 2016 and May 2021. However, if you only spend the minimum number of days, you will get a Residency Determination when you renew your PR Card.

You will need to sponsor your wife for permanent residence. It’s a different application and procedure than what you went through. Learn more.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes